Brickner Funeral Home is family owned and operated, we have been serving families in Van Wert, Ohio and the surrounding area for over a century. Founded in 1888 by B.L. Vore on Main Street, and moved to its current location in 1932.
Line drawing of Brickner Funeral Home
Elmer Knoll purchased a partnership in the firm, followed by Dana Didrick and Carl F. Brickner in 1954. Didrick was a partner until 1957. The firm took the name of Knoll & Brickner Funeral Home in 1958. In 1961, Carl F. Brickner died and Elmer Knoll left the firm. At that time, James and Charles Brickner had expressed an interest in the funeral home, but were still in school. Madge Brickner, wife of Carl F. Brickner, managed the firm after the death of her husband until Jim received his license in 1967, followed by Charles the next year.
In addition to the funeral home, Brickner continues to operate an ambulance service for the area. In the day-to-day operations, families meet with either Charles or James for their at-need or pre-need arrangements. For over a century, our funeral home has provided dedicated, caring service to the families of our area. Our mission is to build on this tradition, and to continually expand the services we offer - providing each family we serve with the best care possible.